Saturday, March 20, 2010

My life for the previous three weeks. And rude comments I would of liked to make at those events.

My blog does not represent the views of Murdoch or any of its affiliates. All posts are NOT to be taken seriously and are written only for entertainment purposes.

So I know what you're thinking.


"Laaaaaaaachlaaaaaaan, why didn't you write that blog post for that competition?""


"Laaaaaaaachlaaaaaaan, why haven't you started that assignment that's due in 24 hours?"


"Laaaaaaaachlaaaaaaan, why haven't you fixed the washer in the bathroom?"


"Laaaaaaaachlaaaaaaan! Put on some clothes!"


1. I was busy. And for once, I can actually say I was busy.


2.  It'll get done. it's only 200 words Seriously. 200 words. That's less words than the word count of one of my run on sentences in this post.. And your wrong, not only have I filled in the Murdoch cover page, I've picked out a font for my title, so it's pretty much done.


3. It means going in the shed and going into that box that's covering the water meter, both of which have inhabitants that can kill me if I annoy them.


4. How... How can you see me? Well, I guess I know how my current stalkee feels. That is, very self conscious.


Sigh, sadly there isn't a current stalkee, but, as always, there is some great potential out there.


But, before I start getting calls from my sister and other concerned friends about my courting habits (can you believe in TheFreeDictionary, one of the definitions of "Courting" is... 'woo' I thought woo was a fake word, like, I dunno, 'unfriend' or 'shovel-ready' (although, in the same year that 'unfriend' got word of the year, the word 'teabagger' got defined as someone who supports conservative politics. Yeah, those lexicographers don't know feces.).), I'd like to back to the first point in that I was 'busy.' and, if point two is anything to go by, it wasn't doing assignments. Well, at least not for one particular unit. 


I was busy doing other things over the previous few weeks. Other things, which I have said in this blog before, have screwed up my work in some units. Well, it's happening again, but I'm getting better. 


1. Failing
2. Going to a wedding
3.  Seeing sister & brother-in-law who are usually in Melbourne
4.  Got way too contemplative
5. Thinking about writing the blog post I didn't make the deadline for
6. Thinking about applying for grad programs
7. Working


1. I failed my CCNA. Which led to point 4. Okay, so Cisco are this company who make lots of networking equipment for businesses. They have become a de-facto (another word which shouldn't be real.) standard in the networking world for what network engineers should know about networking. They have various tests and accreditation for showing how much you know. CCNA is a general one, you aren't a REAL expert on anything, but you know a huge collection of generally best network practices. I'm in my third year of uni doing networking. This test was testing stuff I'd done in two first year units. And I failed. Epically. Their grading system is a little weird but I believe I got 60% and I should of got 85%.


2. Two people said I do. A group of people watched them first base. And everybody applauded. 


In one society (I believe it was either early catholic church, or the Mayan's. I mean, they're so similar I have trouble telling them apart.) They would of had to perform their first act of consumation as husband and wife in front of the audience. For some reason, after every wedding, I try to bring this up as a point of idle conversation and it never goes down well. I know what they're going to do tonight. You know they're going to do tonight. Why can't it be a topic of discussion. In a mature way, of course. After all I'm twenty, and as much as I want to yell out "Boom-chicka-wow-wow" during a wedding cerimony, I'm mature enough to fake that I'm more mature that I am (Yes, that's the big secret of wisdom coming with age, you just learn to shut up more often.). I mean as much as the church hate sex now they do have a great law. "Within the Catholic Church, a marriage that has not yet been consummated, regardless of the reason for non-consummation, can be dissolved by the Pope." That my friends, is awesome. If there is a sex-less marriage, it's no longer a marriage. And I don't care that I'm sourcing Wikipedia.


3. I should really call them, I haven't heard from them since they left. At Perth Airport there's a vending machine with chocolate bars that expired in 2008. True story. Just pass the elevators up to the first floor of the domestic terminal, there's a vending machine, buy a Cadbury Whip. Check the date. Lols. Must make them watch this video. Watched it? HOW AWESOME IS THAT? Rube Goldberg is the best procrastinator ever.


4. You see, the problem with failing this test, is it made me thing whether in the right field again. But again, I don't know anything else. I'm not spectacular at anything, I'm just average at a lot of things. a 50 - 60% in most things rather than a 90%  in one thing and 10% in everything else. So yes, I could switch subjects, but I know I'm enjoying my networking units more than anything, and the occasional Distinction does come up, it's just annoying being only okay at everything. 60% for my CCNA, I'm actually pretty impressed with, but I need 85. It will happen, one day. Eventually. $300 to sink into a test I know I only may pass sucks though. Which leads me into point 6.


5. So sue me. Although, the things I want to tell people about before coming to uni are mainly about toilets and the topology of Murdoch uni's network so people lose interest. Seriously though, it's like a partial-mesh star with an inconsistent addressing scheme and web servers all over the place, with no standards.


6. I've been very hesitant about applying for grad programs. My grades aren't great. My self esteem is really through the floor right now. I don't feel like I'm worthy of moving interstate for a fun job with people who might understand why I'm excited about GNS 3.   And plus I've got to write an essay for the public sector ones, and that's no fun. I have heard from a friend at uni that he keeps getting rejected an hour after submitting. And that sounds an unpleasant experience, I mean, I know you don't get anywhere if you don't try. And I know, from Southbound, rejections just make acceptation all the more worthwhile. Soon. I will. Before they start closing.


7. The one silver lining that has happened in the previous few weeks, is thanks to a lot of unfortunate circumstances for Lesmerdie SHS, I have been employed two days a week in their IT department, doing general IT stuffs. AND I'M ENJOYING IT MORE THAN FREO. I'm getting work done, I'm going late to lunch, all because I'm enjoying the work I'm doing, I haven't learnt to go in ontime, due to the stupid Roe Highway offramp to Welshpool road, but.. I'm getting money again, and I just want to re-iterate, that I'm enjoying it, getting paid, solving problems. And if I'm still there in a couple of months will be involved in a wireless roll-out, I don't care that in all networking units "Wireless is terrible" because this might be the first networking upgrade that I'm involved with. And currently the head of the department is even trusting me with configuring the equipment. And if all that goes smoothly, I don't care how many times I fail my Cisco, even though I shouldn't fail it again.


OKAY. WHY DID THEY USE EIGRP IN THE SIMLET. IT'S A CISCO PROPRIETRY PROTOCOL. MEANING IT'S USED HARDLY ANYWHERE. IT'S POORLY MADE AND I'D FORGOTTEN HOW TO CHANGE the network number that a router belonged to... You win this time, Cisco, this time.


Graffiti of the week.













    
Ah, the Education block shows the teachers of tomorrow, are observant, polite and legible.





































While I am normally happy at the opportunity to leave my mark on any institution I attend, I'm disappointed to know that it always ends up something like this rather than a plaque with my name on. Ah well, People see stuff like this more often that reading silly plaques. I'm sure Walter Murdoch would be proud. Maybe. If he's not rolling in this grave.












Until I get banned from the network, or accepted into a grad program. Good bye.

No comments: