Monday, August 9, 2010

Why So Cirrus?

My blog does not represent the views of Murdoch or any of its affiliates. All posts are NOT to be taken seriously and are written only for entertainment purposes.


"Things have happened, just not to you."


For eight weeks, I've over thought how I should live every single moment, for possible my last break before entering the real world. In the end, I didn't re-complete any games, I didn't bulk up, I didn't get drunk. I just, like most breaks, sat. Watched DVD's, a few movies, worked. It was at the beginning of my final week of the break with a large pay than usual that made me do something a bit impulsive. I jumped on a hotel website browsed around for a few hours, and randomly booked a hotel based on the fact that it was an hour drive away and had views of water.


As I drove away from work on Thursday down to the Mandurah marina, my mind wondered over the possibilities of actually going out for once.


I was greeted in the hotel with a brilliant view, over priced internet on a short cat 5e cable and the best movies on demand system that I have had the chance to encounter. Granted I have only experienced three, but the fact is, interactive channel  with inbuilt media player that also interacted with the accounts system? Good stuff. in fact, type of stuff I wanna work on at some point. Weird ubiquitous content delivery system.


But even though I went out to dinner and hang out with mates from high school, nothing of interest happened. No meeting new people, no using the clincher 'Here's my hotel room swipe card, I'll see you in 15.' No great life changing experience, just a few photos of water, one of a sheepskin store, and a new phone charger after I forgot to pack mine and couldn't find a USB cable for a Samsung S20 connector. (Mandurah forum, excellent shopping centre though... 4 phone places, a Jesters, a Wendy's, no Samsung S20 USB cable, but still, very decent selection of shops.) 


So I headed back from Mandurah


Wait, weren't there riots that weekend.


Yes, there was.


Well that's INTERESTING ISN'T IT?


Not when you miss them.


HOW DO YOU MISS A RIOT, IN MANDURAH?


Dunno, but I managed it, didn't know they'd happened until watching the news.


I have no idea what I do wrong, but I manage to miss everything that could actually be interesting when I go out. Granted, I've always been the type of person with my head in the clouds, I do try to actively engage with other people, but most of the time I end up just lost in my own thoughts, doing my own thing with my own agenda, just hoping stuff will fall into my lap. 


Like the fact that I am yet to get a job properly.  I have got all my jobs due to subtle hints between bosses and family members. I'm kinda hoping I get my next job like that, but I'm willing to concede if the job is awesome.


So head in the clouds, amazed that I'm in my (hopefully (If I keep saying to myself there's a possibility of me still failing maybe that'll motivate me to succeed. It's worked the last five (WOW, has it only been five?!) semesters.).) final semester, I'm left with a depression that nothing in my life seems to happen, and between 2008 and the end of the year I may only have an additional piece of paper. Sad face with apostrophe. 


But... Then I think of what could of happened. A friend of mine has almost been deported. Another friend has been put into a job they don't really like. Another has been forced to move to Sydney. Another has had multiple family deaths in six months. Another has been kicked out of home. another has had a bad break up with whom they thought was going to be their partner for life. Another has had to take out a big loan and ruined his credit rating due to a technicality. Another had to move house in the space of a couple of days.  Another has had a dog died. (Okay not very dramatic, but it's still sad and happened today.)


Nothing... Is awesome. Nothing happened means nothing bad happened.


What about those girls, aren't you sad that none of them worked out?


A bit, but I was told by one of the aforementioned friends that it's AMAZING that I keep running into these, it's pretty statistically unlikely to meet a couple of people that awesome in such a short amount of time. AND SOMEHOW I'm able to talk to them, and humiliate myself for the sake of talking to them meaning that when someone does come along it's unlikely that I'm going to miss that opportunity to at least stuff myself up with something I said, rather than not saying anything.


So Lachlan, does this mean, you are happy?


Sort of, but now I feel bad for using other people's misfortune to make life seem good.


Oh for FUCKS SAKE JUST BE HAPPY OKAY?!


Yeah, I can manage that I guess. Happy face. Very Happy Face.


Grafitti of the week:


It's finally returned!


"I don't remember eating multigrain bread..."


"I wonder if brothels have tight arse Tuesday? And if they do, is it cheaper or more expensive?" - Actually Jamie technically posted this on msn, not on a wall


"Lecturer's are c***s"


Classy, Lachlan, classy.


There is a reason I bring up that last one, the second are was written in afterwards. Meaning for a short period of time, this said  "Lecture's are cu


well, you get what I mean, now this particular c word was written FIVE TIMES on this door.


I wouldn't be upset BUT THIS WAS A LAW toilet. Lawyers are suppose to know classy adjectives and eventually have extremely high paying jobs wasting time reading books and writing VERY long essays requiring lots of revisions. And one of them CAN'T SPELL LECTURER'S and some of them over use a particular swear word. I'm very concerned. 


Speaking of being concerned about lawyers, why do they get all the classy art? Now I'm an IT guy so I'm not suppose to know about art and I don't, but lawyers are suppose to have time for art, yet you go into the law level, or indeed any firm, and they appear to have so much money that it's used on art that none of them understand.


Now recently a graffiti artist has attacked a part of the campus with some awesome art... And guess where it is... In the law section. Or at least... ECLIT (If I keep using it, it's bound to catch on.) Court yard. Now being someone who blogs about graffiti, especially classy graffiti, I was told about this a couple of months ago and have been looking forward to talking about it... Except I can't find it.


Granted some of the best graffiti art is hidden in back ally's an on walls, for only randoms to appreciate, and that is nice, but.. This is art that was, probably, paid for. And if I can't enjoy the colour amongst the grey.. That makes me sad face. I just look at the photo published in the Murdoch Explore magazine, and the only location hints I get that it's somewhere near a grey wall and the artist is standing in front of it and I think he may of moved.


Now this is something I haven't talked about, the "Explore" magazine, which is like this blog only it makes people believe that people at Murdoch are doing good things. The type of thing which stated that the "Car free day at Murdoch" occurred, but did not state the outcome of it. (I couldn't find a park on a day I was suppose to be guilty for taking my car.)


I realise that occasionally I don't speak very nicely about Murdoch uni sometimes but I do love and and will HUGELY regret leaving this year, but I realise due to a technicality on the the MyInfo website I may have to stay another semester that I was not planning to, and although I don't have any plans for next year, I was hoping I could be a directionless adult rather than a student. I do love my exception from bank fees, but if the select-case statements on MyInfo are wrongly coded then it is TOTALLY not user error.


So yes, I guess the one thing that happened is I've been making a big deal out of something that I should just go see the student services centre about and clear my mind. I'll do that on Wednesday.


You see what happens when I don't have someone to stalk? I get all moody and worry about silly things like the fact that I'm not sure I'm going to be committed enough to even pass the units that I'm trying to complete. Or that the liberal government will get in AND RUIN MY FTTP. No, don't laugh, this is more serious than you realise. Did you know there are businesses in Perth that can only get 64 Kbps lines? Did you know that's ruining the chance of having any web presence? 


You may think it's this minor policy but it's pretty much the thing keeping me in the country.


Oh bugger now they're definitely going to get in.


Wait, wasn't I talking about toilet door defamation? So let's end on a high note:


"NO FAT CHICKS -> This is a guys toilet"


Until I get banned from the network... Good bye. Still Happy face.

No comments: