Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Not-so-bad-bits and Murdoch after dark

My blog does not represent the views of Murdoch or any of its affiliates. All posts are NOT to be taken seriously and are written only for entertainment purposes.

Before I get on with this weeks post, I understand, due to the fact that the sweet new micro site is up and I'm on said site I thought that I might get a few new visitors, eagerly awaiting my post to try and show that I still have what it takes to get visitors and not cause a fuss, I though I'd direct their attention to some of my most proud moments, answering such questions as


and what about your advice about new bloggers?



Did you really compare exams to having sex?

Or Death?

REALLY? Your kind of creepy... How did you get this job again?

Troll through my archive, there's some stuff hidden there that even I've forgotten about. Like other things you can do with a pen during an exam.

No I'm not linking that up, you have to find it yourself.

I think I'm going to chose option A for my next blog, might be up by the end of the day, may cram this list in again in an entirely different way.

Anyway, the Feature Presentation

Murdoch is one of the biggest university campuses in Australia, it's the biggest in W.A. anyway. It's got lots of grass (the unsmokable kind, for those concerned.), forrested area and places filled with sheep. Though normally filled with an excess of homo sapiens, it is when they all go home that you see the true nightlife of this place come alive and during an incident with a box of red bull during a MITs LAN I got to see the true campus at 4.30 AM.

The first thing that is noticible is the odd amount of lighting in the campus. It's all very ambeint, on bush court, a lot of the lights are yellowing with age. You can only just make out the rabbits maintaining the large amount of grass land, and run like crazy when you walk anywhere near them. It's a very dark an errie place, disturbed only by the flashing green of the ANZ ATM and the TV in the library showing that there is currently very little solar activity.

Is it just me, or is there some irony there? Largest solar grid in Australia, yet we still don't mind consuming energy with the computers left powered on in the library. I'm not talking just one or two, I'm talking all of them.


I know it is probably more hasle to turn them off, they probably take an age to boot up but there is such thing as getting the moniters to turn off automatically and.. SHUT UP LACHLAN. Look, I don't mean to cause any problems, it's just, I tells it like I sees it. I really do like Murdoch.. honestly.

But other then the library and select people doing all nighters in classrooms for projects and study sessions. It's a black hole. The sounds of crickets and birds just make the area seem so natural and beautiful, peaceful. It will definatly be one of the places I visit when all of humanity is wiped out. (No, I still don't know why I survive I just do, and NO I will not be setting my 2015 post during the zombie apocolypse even tempting as it may be... Should I? No. Better not. sigh.)

Oh and your sign is broke.

Lol.

See, Look how screwed up my phone's camera is from bright light in the middle of pitch blackness.

However, I do recommend during your time at Murdoch, after one of those all nighters in the library, get outside and watch and listen to the sun rise, it's warm, the birds get into their full swing and you're sick of watching episodes of Animorphs or Where's Wally? airing at the LAN. (Yes, you can become sick of these, no matter how awesome they look at 3.30 they look pretty bad at 5.30). It was worth staying if not for the Invader Zim, for that beautiful smell/sound and sights that Murdoch provide when no one else is around.


So yeah, if you were waiting for my 2015 post it'll be up sometime this weekend, and we leave you tonight, with this Grafitti of the week.

"I still love Steven." in ECL 3

Now I must go and kick this person off my couch

and wish that someone would do my 218 for me.


No comments: