Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A very late post... with heart...

My blog does not represent the views of Murdoch or any of its affiliates. All posts are NOT to be taken seriously and are written only for entertainment purposes.



Before I get on with this weeks post, I understand, due to the fact that the sweet new micro site is up and I'm on said site I thought that I might get a few new visitors, eagerly awaiting my post to try and show that I still have what it takes to get visitors and not cause a fuss, I though I'd direct their attention to some of my most proud moments, answering such questions as


and what about your advice about new bloggers?



Did you really compare exams to having sex?

Or Death?

REALLY? Your kind of creepy... How did you get this job again?

Troll through my archive, there's some stuff hidden there that even I've forgotten about. Like other things you can do with a pen during an exam. But if you find that stuff too offensive, vote for me, then you can send me complaints ALL THOUGH NEXT YEAR!

But now onto that task I was meant to do...





So why this overly corny statement? Did you just copy the example? Weren't you suppose to post this on Flickr?


Long story, no, yes but I have a google account and I am using an alternative social photo sharing site.I do owe an explanation, and I'll give it to you.. IF YOU DO ONE THING FOR ME.

go to THIS SITE click the VOTE FOR ME  button, type in some details and click submit.

Have you done it yet?



NO YOU HAVEN'T... Try again.




Look, I know you have to enter in an email... But they don't send you spam, you know how I know?

Cause one of those two votes are mine... Look, c'mon, you know you want this good stuff to continue!! Well, good stuff LINKED ONTO THE MURDOCH WEBSITE STILL!! Yeah.

Blogger people.. I know I'm posting on the last day but please don't kick me out...

Okay, so I'd like to tell some background to this image. So there I was, after cycling through a new career idea every thirty seconds and driving both my sisters crazy and I'd finally settled on... Advertising. A major called "Marketing and the Media" and I was excited and I was all like Happycat.. I had my whole life starting to take shape. And it was all in MY CONTROL. I will admit that it was scary I've never been a good one with leading, even myself. I loved ads. I kept 15 Gigs worth on my hard drive, took some of my faves to school and was ecstatic in year 12 when I got to make an ad in Media. I had DVDs full of ads, memorised and created jingles in my head.

And then the TISC page loaded.
"Please enter in your unit choices in order of preference:" I rattled in the various marketing majors and I got all excited, then hovered over the submit button. down in the corner, a little notification bar said "javascript;" and I started thinking, "Oh great, a javascript base, that means less coding for error returns and very slow load times while the whole form is downloaded and rendered, although, the URL has https, so I guess I can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that it's being encrypted before being saved inside the SQL database, oh there must be a sweet backend connecting all these university created database look ups to return the course names, I wonder if it annoys the universities having to create one database... in... a... standard... format..." I could feel my heart slow down. My brain may not be the best wired in the world, but I could tell, I was about to make a mistake if I clicked submit then. I thought to myself, you know, I like I can reel of the ISO-OSI model much better then describing the Codes and Conventions of Media. I can tell the class of a network in terms of using a private addressing structure much easier then profiling someone into a stereotype. Hell, I don't even like profiling people into small boxes. I don't like manipulating people into buying something they don't want or need.  I only like ads which are clever, and more about telling a good joke or doing something cool rather than the product itself! I'd suck as an advertising account executive! And plus.. People in my generation swap careers after about 30 years, so I can do all that when I become a bitter young man when I realise that no matter how many hundreds of thousands of dollars I get as a CIO (about $130,000 is the media salary.)  an IT job won't probably get me a social life.

I LOVE FIXING PROBLEMS ON PEOPLES COMPUTERS. ESPECIALLY NETWORK ISSUES. I love my modems configuration and REALLY wanted to know what DMZ actually meant! How a firewall worked.

I HAD TO ADMIT IT TO MYSELF. I'M A GEEK AND DAMN PROUD OF IT. AND I WANTED TO SHOW IT TO THE WORLD. So I flicked though the TISC manual, changed some preferences and here I am. Two years later.

More or less... Happy. :D

So if you come to a point when you unfortunatly have to change course cause you just hate/not as good as you should be at what your doing. Forget how unhappy you THINK it makes you, and go for what your heart and your head are really set on. Even if it looks boring, it's what you secretly want to do, and that will make you happy. I was a bit iffy about my IT degree at first, it's a uni major, I could barely manage high school and uni is a lot more work, but somewhere deep down, I love it so much I put the work in where it is needed and somehow am passing.

Some may look at the pic I took and see a horrible purple wall with some badly torn pages. I see the wall in the room where I study (sometimes.) I see the font I love (Callibri, the new standard font in Word 2007, I like it, everybody else hates it, but I'm a geek so I like change :P ) I see one of the few abbreviations I actually do sometimes.I see a message that is rough around the edges, but clearly showing a message that is sweet and sincere. OH MY GOD, I just typed sincere without needing to spell check it. I see me. In pages. In place where I spend the vast majority of my times. It's me, in my place. Printed on my laser printer (IP: 192.168.126.250 )

That is me. That is my sort of story and moral behind it.

That is love. (Oh baby don't hurt me, no more..)


Yeah I should of stuck it up at the LAN party, but then people would of thought I was weird or something.


Wow, thanks... That was awesome.. I'm voting for you


Schucks, thanks... It means a lot

Hey just one question before graffitti of the week, that girl you were seeing, is it true she actually had a boyfriend all along and was too embarrassed to tell you cause she was scared how you were going to act cause you were being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to clingy?


What are you doing with that bat.... You're going to hurt someone doing that, you know? Stop walking over here...

Graffiti of week:



From Disorderly Accounts of Uni Life

Real Mature Andrew, REAL Mature.

No comments: