Sunday, April 18, 2010

Romance and Children's Films Part 2/3 This really is just a wall of text

My blog does not represent the views of Murdoch or any of its affiliates. All posts are NOT to be taken seriously and are written only for entertainment purposes.

Ironically, for the whole time I've been writing this, my stalkee has turned off her block against me and wants to talk to me. But it was only about the next 349 task, so screw that.





At the end of 2006, a children's film was released that contained glamourising of furry little animals that often get overlooked in animated movies. It contained a unique brand of humour an awesome plot twist and a cast of high caliber names. It unfortunately was totally one up'd by Happy Feet.

Never the less, Flushed Away is a HIGHLY underatted (*boom* *tish*) film containing some beautiful parodies and an awesome sound track, as well as a great animation style. It's computer generated clay! Unfortunately it was panned due to the success of Happy Feet, but should be seen, not for it's love story that's a bit predictable, but the characters are awesome and the plot is very cool. Ends a little bit weak but very awesome. Alas, we're here to talk about penguins.

Weird thing. Top grossing Australian film ever. It's not about anything typically in "The Great Australian Film", and most of them have American accents. Hence, Nobody want to go see a film about middle class Australia :(           Although Kenny did quite well and it's made SplashDown one of the leading port-a-potty suppliers in the country. Ah so many topics so few readers :(

Now, again, I've been called an idiot cause I overlook the last five minutes that mumble was just went to save the fish. And that if animals get your attention no one will stop fighting until we save them. Bleugh, who wants to go see a film about hippies succeeding. Why was "The Young Ones" so popular? Every thing was blamed on Niel. 

But two key scenes.

Scene 1. Gloria is out on the ice trying to find a mate, she knows that she can have any one in the place. It's noteworthy that she always just sings the few lines of her heart song as the penguins around her promise her all the fish she can eat and all the penguin sex she needs. There is a lot of sexual innuendo in this film. I get that pretty much all penguins do is eat, have sex and waddle, but for a species that only mates once a year... Bit of an anti-climax right there. Anyway, Mumble comes over lip syncing to Ramon, Gloria is initially impressed, she knows that Mumble has been after her a long time, and deep inside she should realise they're going to end up together so she should really get over herself. After being disappointed, Mumble starts doing the whole hop thing. His hop turns up to be in perfect timing to Gloria's heart song, not just that, but it's unlocks the rest of her song. Now from over analysing ("Anal" "Sing", now that reminds me of farting, which reminds me of hot air, which reminds me of bullshitting to someone, therefore, Analysing = bullshit.) this  I reckon that this also shows the way relationships appear today, two totally different people, but they compliment each other, as the rhythm compliments the song, but also boost and aids the other person to become a better person.  

Okay, so Gloria how now realised, okay, my guy doesn't have a heart song, but he'll give me fish, dance his heart out and willing to lip sinc to Robin Williams. And now just to top it off he's going to save us all. Am I the only one seeing that this guy is making up for the fact that he's unique.

I guess that's another reason why this movie touches me is because I was brought up in that generation which was told "You're not weird, you're unique!" Now they've found out to be a bad idea, because you get people like me who have never grown out of the fallacy (I hate using this work cause I'm scared I'll type Phallic or fallopian or fellatio, all of which have nothing to do with what I'm trying to say.)   that I think uniquely, act uniquely. And by the number of people who hide my Facebook posts because they don't understand them, I think I am one of the rare cases that I am, dare I say it, special. Not in an elitist way, far from it, my scores indicate that my intelligence isn't great and I'm not a prodigy, I'm that special that no one wants to talk about. It doesn't impact me in such a way I get sympathy, it doesn't privilege me, it make me a guy with a few close friends, desperate for attention and then not sure what to do with it when I acquire it.

So this movie has always left me with a sense of one day someone will appreciate my uniqueness, and that I've got to be willing to swim the entire Atlantic ocean to impress her. I'm sorry, I think I might cheat and just do that bit of the Indian ocean to the South of Victoria, then I'll end up in the Australian zoo which have a much more awesome penguin enclosure.

Scene 2:  Mumble gets banished, and in the middle of nowhere, there is voice on the wind and this short scene has 3 fantastic lines, starting with "You've got a stalker!" Okay, so when I'm doing my stalker thing I go beyond cute into proper "Restraining Order Required" territory, but in the end, don't we want someone who totally go all Dante and follow us anywhere? Hence, the next best line of the scene

Mumble: "If you come with me, you may never go home."
Gloria: "Fine by me."

Mumble then complains that she shouldn't be there because she can indeed have a normal life, he isn't normal, he can't, she don't care and wants to join him anyway.... leading to, what I sadly believe one of the most romantic lines ever. Now although there are proper romantic films like Casablanca which do tell romantic stories that are timeless, I wish that hidden among those huge lists of quotes people have hidden away for pulling out on romantic occasions, I hope that a lot of people have this one with them

Mumble: We can't keep an egg safe out here, that is, if we ever had an egg.
Gloria: Yeah, well, I don't need an egg to be happy.
Mumble: You say that now, but what about later, when all your friends have eggs?
Gloria: Then I'll have you.

Now I'm sure this is probably just referencing a different romantic film, but the fact that this line exists in a kids film just makes it all the more awesome.

"Fuck what the others think of you, fuck what the rest of the world thinks of you, they don't see what I see. And I like what I see."

I am yet to meet someone who shares my love of this line. sigh.

And after Gloria one more time iterates that no matter what he does she's going to be by he's side for whatever freaky adventure they go on, until he calls her a bitch.

From the little I've observed, I've seen that there is a line, that if you stay on the right side of it, you can pretty much treat a woman like crap and there's a primordial urge to be more attracted to his dominant nature. I'd like to also state that I don't think ANYONE should be treated like that, but I am aware that this is backed up by science. At least, if you call psychology a science.

But touchy chauvinist observation aside, this scene concludes with Mumble trying to force himself to believe he made the right decision, that he loves her so much that he knows she deserves someone else. It's a tough bullet. Think ending of "There's Something About Mary." And seriously, a guy who hasn't jacked off  for 24 hours will generally produce 40mL of fluid. The whole famous scene is BS. Generally it'll only get as high as your chest but it is a bitch to get out of hair. And out of these 3 posts, that's the only information acquired by personal experience.  Don't act repulsed at me, everyone is curious at one point or another.

These scene ends with Gloria and Mumble walking away from each other, each occasionally looking back, there's nothing either of them would love more than to run back.

So whether these posts have made you go "awww" or throw up a little, I hope you join me tomorrow for its' thrilling conclusion and my live@edu review, because the 4 hours, 6 pages and 3,240 words of writing so far hurts.

I wish I could get the same sort of motivation for my other units

No comments: